Old 03-12-2003, 06:03 PM
PK

Default High Hedge Legislation

Janice wrote:

Yes, I objected to planning consent - complete waste of time and
effort. I think our town Planning Department only considers a "right
to light" if it impacts the light in a main living space. I believe
our Planning Department completely disregards a "right to light" in
the actual garden space outdoors. Perhaps other towns have different
regulations.

yep that's the legal position - it only applies to buildings, specially
windows and derives from the times before artificial light when day light
was vital. Gardens don't fall into any right to light protection.

pk