Old 03-12-2003, 06:22 PM
Janice

Default High Hedge Legislation

"PK" wrote in message
Yes, I objected to planning consent - complete waste of time and
effort. I think our town Planning Department only considers a "right
to light" if it impacts the light in a main living space. I believe
our Planning Department completely disregards a "right to light" in
the actual garden space outdoors. Perhaps other towns have different
regulations.

yep that's the legal position - it only applies to buildings, specially
windows and derives from the times before artificial light when day light
was vital. Gardens don't fall into any right to light protection.

So, how come high hedges legislation all of a sudden considers a "right to
light" as a reason for the limitation of hedge height?