Old 03-12-2003, 09:22 PM
Kenni Judd

Default OK to repot?

If the spikes are short, you should be fine. The real danger starts when
they start showing differentiated buds -- and yes [in answer to either your
query or one I saw elsewhere, sorry to be so scatter-brained], the smaller
the buds, the better in this situation.

But to second, or fourth, what's already been said, I think you need to bite
the bullet and do it even if you lose a spike or two -- otherwise, you're
likely to lose plants, if they haven't been repotted in 3 years.

--
Kenni Judd
Juno Beach Orchids

http://www.jborchids.com
"the moke monster" wrote in message
I have several indoor phals that have finished blooming and are already
putting up new spikes. One has a keiki attached that has its own spike.
These things are growing like weeds ever since I raised the humidity
in the house (for my sinuses). It has been 3 years since they were
repotted. Is it OK to repot these without ruining the spikes?

thanks.

George