Old 03-12-2003, 10:03 PM
Janet Baraclough

Default Mailing plants and seeds to people

The message
from animaux contains these words:

Normally I don't get annoyed by things like this, but the last several times
I've taken my time to send out seeds and/or plants to people I've
received not
one word. I wonder, did they get the plants/seeds, did I waste my time? My
money?

Please, if anyone here has received seeds and/or plants from me, a
really nice
thing would be to minimally respond with a note of reception.

From now on, I will only send out plants and seeds to known people who
actually
appreciate it.

I've found the same rude new trend from several lurkers in
uk.rec.gardening, and so have others. One experience made me wonder if
some of these stranger-requests are just malicious timewasting from
trolls.

An unfamiliar name emailed asking me to post some root cuttings I'd
mentioned in a thread, to a land address in France (not cheap). When I
replied to the email the address bounced; a google archive search showed
zero posting history from the address or the sender's name. I put a
message for him on the group which got no reply. The plants didn't get
posted.

Janet

Scotland