Old 03-12-2003, 10:03 PM
Rod

Default Bees

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
My wise mentor, very many years ago, had a saying that "bees never do
anything invariably".

And a variation on that from Roger Morse, at one time the leading U.S.
expert: "If somebody tells you the bees will always do this or never

do
that, ignore everything they say; they don't know what they're talking
about!"

Yes. I'm in UK but have met Prof. Morse. Mind you, I still prefer the
simplicity of my mentor's words!

It's not important though, both versions are true.

You know the one about not moving bees more than three feet?

It don't work!

Mary

Mary

Name dropping are we ? ;~))) I met somebody once who knew somebody who met
Brother Adam once ;~)))
About beekeeeping myth and legend - it's worse than gardening - they just
read one another's books and perpetuate the same old stuff. (Not talking
about real experts & scientists like Morse et al - just the 'kept bees for
a couple of seasons, now to write the book' gang)

Rod