Old 03-12-2003, 11:12 PM
animaux

Default Mailing plants and seeds to people

On Wed, 3 Dec 2003 21:51:26 GMT, Janet Baraclough
opined:

I've found the same rude new trend from several lurkers in
uk.rec.gardening, and so have others. One experience made me wonder if
some of these stranger-requests are just malicious timewasting from
trolls.

An unfamiliar name emailed asking me to post some root cuttings I'd
mentioned in a thread, to a land address in France (not cheap). When I
replied to the email the address bounced; a google archive search showed
zero posting history from the address or the sender's name. I put a
message for him on the group which got no reply. The plants didn't get
posted.

Janet

Scotland

Yes, it's annoying and time consuming. From now on, I will reserve my trading
and giving freely to those who I know, and who I've done trades with in the
past.

I think the world is changing, and for the worse. Possibly it's only an
American thing. People have become so anonymous and void. I mean, here it is
Christmas time, I'm Buddhist and I can somehow find it to say
"Merry Christmas" when in the stores, while the people with all the decorations
in their carts are pushing to the front of the line.

Strange times we're in. I find the US in a great decline, or immaturity in
societal development.

One of the things I loved most about the Internet (before every shmuck was here)
was the universal likeness we shared. Now everyone is online.