Old 04-12-2003, 06:42 AM
Bacchae

Default Renanthera monachica root question

"Kenni Judd" wrote in message ...

We do not use any media at all in most of our baskets for

vandaceous plants,
in our natural high humidity. If your humidity is lower, you

may need some
media, but I would suggest something that dries quickly --

big chunks of
coconut husk, or big chunks of lava rock with a little

coconut fiber layered
in.

Please see my reply to SuE. My house humidity is very poor but
I hope I have it somewhat improved in the micro-climate it is
in.

In the tiny mesh basket I have some cut pieces of styrofoam
peanuts, some of those ceramic rocks (I think that's what they
are) that I sniffled from some of the bigger pots I have in the
same case and a few bits of bark.

I think it'll drain pretty quickly but I will mist it daily now
when I do the Neofinetia in consideration of SuE's comments.

Thanks for your help. Hopefully one of these days I'll
actually be able to move it to a real slat basket. In other
words, hopefully I won't kill it between now and several years
from now.

- Sandy