Old 04-12-2003, 09:22 AM
Theo

Default [IBC] Serissa question

HI
I am following this serissa point as most of people are having
problems vith In/outdoor opinion about serissa
I wanted to buy AGAIN one and destiny gave me e chunk
The chunk is inside a pot with no roots just peat and sand will be
outside all winter Geneva Switzerland zone 7
outside for the moment makes 0° C and ALL leaves are green since I
put it in soil more than 1 month ago
I have seen pics of serissas under 4 fingers of snow and it seems
they are great! many french people leave them outside and in belgium
too and it seems they are very strong resisting and bloom
wonderfully in spring !
Theo

Iris Cohen wrote:

Serissa will do much better in the ground,
I have a potential forest growing in the ground for the last four years
(Zone
6/7).
Gary Woods wrote:

This spring I set a bunch of Serissa cuttings, the results of trimming a
very overgrown small tree, destined with expert help, to be shaped "broom"
fashion, in a nursery bed in the garden.

Zone 5/6 in upstate New York,

Carl Rosner is in coastal South New Jersey.
I very much doubt that Serissa will survive outdoors in the Albany, NY area.
Has anyone tried it? For Gary, I would recommend potting the Serissas in large
plastic bulb pans, and grow them for several years in an enclosed fluorescent
light garden with controlled humidity. Serissas like cool temperatures and
humidity over 60%. Of course they go outdoors for the summer.

Iris,
Central NY, Zone 5a, Sunset Zone 40
train."
Robert Lowell (1917-1977)