Old 04-12-2003, 09:32 AM
Kay Easton

Default Garden of Wales decision time

In article . 16,
Victoria Clare writes

I think your second points contradicts your first. The nearest city to the
Eden Project is titchy Plymouth in the next county: the area has poor roads
and is a good 6 hour drive from the Midlands and London.

Middleton is just down the M4 from Swansea, Cardiff, and Bristol, and would
be 'doable' as a day-trip from Reading or Swindon.

If the Eden Project, Heligan, Rosemoor etc can support themselves miles
from any city, let alone 'main population centres' I don't see why
Middleton can't. It's got to be down to bad promotion, as you say.

Even if you argue Eden and Heligan just live off tourists, Rosemoor is in
Torrington, for heavens sake, surrounded by acres of mud and sheep!

Eden is in Cornwall, Rosemoor in Devon. *Everyone* want to go to Devon
and Cornwall! South Wales conjures up coal mines.

;-)
--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page: