Old 04-12-2003, 12:34 PM
WCD

Default Sand under raised beds?

That's pretty much exactly what I'm thinking. An added benefit to this
is you don't have to worry about weeds growing in the paths between your
raised beds and you can garden in shorts and flip-flops!

Thanks.

Wendy wrote:

I live by the beach and had tried to grow veges with not much success.
I laid down polythene, then old carpet on top of the sand and used
compost, grass clippings, recycled potting mix from a farm, basically
anything I could get, and made a new garden all together, and now have
veges growing like theres no tomorrow. Found that when i added stuff
to the sand, the sand would just keep coming back.