Old 04-12-2003, 02:06 PM
Chuck Gadd

Default GH/ PH Levels!?!?

On Fri, 28 Nov 2003 15:15:02 -0500, Greg
wrote:

gH is your problem. kH or Carbonate hardness is what effects pH. I
also wonder about your reported dkH level of 11 and a pH of 7.0?!
Either you are injecting CO2 (and too much at that - those values work
out to 33ppm - enough to kill fish), or your kits are not reading

33ppm won't kill fish. Many people have used levels as high as 40ppm
without problem. But I prefer a safe max of about 25ppm or so, just
to give myself some margin for error.

of additions. Two twenty watt tubes is generally not considered 'high
light'. Add some macro fertilizers, either $tore bought or homemade.

I ran 4 20w tubes over my 29g, and it was probably only medium
lighting.

And try some crypts, they will do great in your tank at it's current
light levels.

Anubias would do great too.

Chuck Gadd
http://www.csd.net/~cgadd/aqua