Old 04-12-2003, 02:33 PM
Greg G.

Default GH/ PH Levels!?!?

On Fri, 28 Nov 2003 13:51:30 -0700, Chuck Gadd wrote:

33ppm won't kill fish. Many people have used levels as high as 40ppm
without problem. But I prefer a safe max of about 25ppm or so, just
to give myself some margin for error.

I guess I *should* have said - may kill *some* fish...
I have had trouble with some cory catfish croaking at levels 30ppm...

It's hard to be *precisely* accurate when spewing advice in 1 minute
or less... ;-)

I ran 4 20w tubes over my 29g, and it was probably only medium
lighting.

I was being generous... ;-)

I had a setup on a 29g that was 6 tubes with electronic ballasts that
I *barely* considered high light...

FWIW,
Greg