Old 04-12-2003, 03:12 PM
martin

Default Substitute for horticultural fleece?

On Thu, 04 Dec 2003 14:52:21 +0000, Sacha
wrote:

martin4/12/03 12:58

On Thu, 04 Dec 2003 12:47:54 +0000, Sacha
wrote:

Franz Heymann4/12/03 9:38

Sacha, the OP asked for a substitute for fleece. I said bubble packing. I
said take it off during the day.
That was a valid answer to the OP's question.

Your suggestion, which I agree to be better than using either fleece or
bubble wrap, was not an answer to the question as put.

Franz

I disagree with you. Bubblewrap is NOT a good substitute for horticultural
fleece for the reasons I gave earlier.

Franz didn't say it was a *good* substitute.

He agreed with you. What more do you want?

While I haven't been posting much to the group lately, I have been reading
it. One thing of which I have become very aware, is that in terms of
prolonging a thread well past its sell-by date, you and Franz appear to be
the equivalents of a newsgroup stump grinder.

Stand well back and take a good look at your own posts

I'm really not interested in
prolonging this with you, Martin, unless you have some means of giving the
OP some useful and not potentially damaging, help, rather than choosing
merely to pick a fight.

I already gave my advice.

However, if you think bubble wrap a substitute for horticultural fleece and
you think this is good advice, by all means, go ahead and wrap everything
tender in your garden in it.

You just cannot resist misquoting people can you? I never suggested
using bubble wrap or even using a substitute.

If you were to actually read people's posts instead of constantly nit
picking, you might have noticed that I asked some days ago why the OP
didn't use horticultural fleece instead of a substitute.
--
Martin