Old 04-12-2003, 04:02 PM
NetMax

Default Profile Turface MVP in Chicago

"Jimmy" wrote in message
news:TYwyb.175175$Dw6.688546@attbi_s02...
Lowes sells Profile as Shultz aquatic soil. I assume you read the
information in http://www.thekrib.com/Plants/Fertilizer/profile.html

They
charge many times the price of Profile. Either $12.00 for a 16lb bag or
$16.00 for a 12lb bag.

I purchased a 50lb bag or Profile at farmer source distributor, Caudill

Seed
Co. in Louisville KY for about $6.00 . I am sure there is a farm type
distributor up there that carries the product. Search for Profile on

Google
and contact the manufacture for a list of Distributors. That's how I

located
Caudill Seed here.

Profile is very dusty. I have read folks wash it in a pillow case till

it
runs clear http://www.thekrib.com/Plants/Fertilizer/flourite.html

I think I read Netmax mixes it with fluorite ( 2/3 fluorite 1/3

Profile).
That's the same thing I did.

snip

Not me. You have me confused with someone else (probably much more
knowlegable in the art ;~)

I've never used Profile. I have used 100% Flourite, but not in
controlled conditions which would allow me to express an opinion of any
value.

cheers
NetMax

Good Luck
Jim

"Ian" wrote in message
.com...
Does anyone know where I can purchase Profile Turface MVp in the

Chicagoland
area? I can't seem to find it anywhere at Loews, Home Depot, etc.