Old 04-12-2003, 06:32 PM
Barry

Default Vanda

I have a potted vanda that was purchased 2-3 years ago from RF. At $125 its
the single most expensive
orchid plant purchase we've made. OK, I'm cheap, but the mortage comes
first.

The plant consists for three potted vandas around a tree fern pole, they've
at least doubled in size
since the purchase. Only one of the plants ever blooms. In fact I noticed
about a week ago that two new
spikes were developing on this one plant. One spike dried out before it was
3/8" long, the other is growing nicely.

Why would only one of the plants bloom? They obviously get the same
fertiler, they're all in close to full sun.
Last year it bloomed in sept and again in dec/jan. Hoping for two blooms
this year.