Old 04-12-2003, 10:52 PM
Sacha

Default Speakers for garden societies?

Janet Tweedy4/12/03 9:35

Trying to get together another year's programme for the gardening Club I
wondered if people on this list could recommend or not recommend any
likely speakers ?

Had some very good speakers last year but sadly our members don't seem
too keen on vegetable growing or allotments in the main. Biggest draw
was Rosemary Campbell Preston and 'scented garden' and a 'flower
arranging garden'!

Timothy Walker was a huge success in the summer for our 'special' talk.

Janet

I think you've 'done' Keith Wiley, late of The Garden House? How about Mike
Nelhams from Tresco?
As part of an RHS arrangement this year, we held an afternoon course on
propagation and one on making up hanging baskets. Both were very popular
and were asked for again next year. If you can get someone from a local
Nursery to take you round their prop house you have no 1 solved and no 2 can
be done either in a Nursery, or in a village hall.
Gardener's Question Time and you can get Jenny to come and ask an awkward
question. ;-))
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk