Old 05-12-2003, 01:02 AM
Susan Erickson

Default Renanthera monachica root question

On Thu, 04 Dec 2003 06:27:53 GMT, "Bacchae"
wrote:

I have very low humidity in the house but I have this
particular plant in a open-topped glass case with four other
orchids and a gravel tray that is the overflow for when I
water. I have to water the Neofinetia every day that is just
above the Renanthera monachica so I usually give it a bit of a
mist while I am at it.

- Sandy

Sandy,
IF your growing in a glass case and they are that happy with the
lid off - Leave it off. The easiest way to move water from the
bottom of a fish tank into the air is drop a fish tank air stone
in and let it bubble away. This constant humidity is much better
than your mist bottle and YOU need fresh air. So don't close this
up unless you have a fan inside and a gap somewhere to bring in a
change of air. Many people with glass tanks run a fan across the
top to help stir up the air and get some fresh down into the
tank.

Good Luck

SuE