Old 05-12-2003, 11:02 AM
Frogleg

Default Tilling Depth?

On Thu, 4 Dec 2003 22:24:38 -0800, Down Under On The Bucket Farm
wrote:

So my question is... How deep should I till down through this
soil (I will be doing it by hand)? I figure that the need is to
turn over the grass, etc, and fluff up the soil for veggies to
have a good root-pushing environment. I plan on mixing in a bit
of manure and blood-n-bone meal to feed it.

So... How deep to till?

Most veg roots don't need more that 8-10" (there are *some*
exceptions) of fluffy stuff. Fertilizer is good to dig in, but don't
forget compost. That helps a *lot* to keep the dirt fluffy. Good
luck with your dirt!