Old 05-12-2003, 02:02 PM
Give 'em Hell Harry

Default Winter mowing

"Shindi'al Rhama" wrote in message

"Bill Seurer" wrote in message
Shindi'al Rhama wrote:

Walking on frozen grass will not harm the HEALTH of the grass, but it

can
(temporarily) damage the APPEARANCE of the grass. When stepped on,

the
ice
crystals in the leaves puncture the epidermal cells, potentially

leaving
brown spots.

The grass turns brown here in Winter no matter what.

I think the discussion was referring to cool season grass (fescue,
bluegrass, ryegrass, etc.) which normally stays green during the winter.

I believe ryegrass too will turn brown in the winter unless it is the annul
winter rye some use to have a green lawn in cold weather.