Old 05-12-2003, 03:34 PM
Snowman

Default Ideas for this corner please

I enjoy my garden, but I'm not very good at design, so I thought I would
seek some ideas.

The neighbours removed part of a hedge by the house and put up a fence and
convervatory. We recently had the patio doors and steps installed, and need
to do some paving. The back of house faces due north, so this is a bit of a
shady corner, but nice and cool in the hot summer.

See:
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/p.w.crowther/Corner.JPG for a picture.

To me the fence looks a bit of an eyesore and we feel overlooked from next
door's conservatory (although they say they don't). I think they should have
blinds or frosted glass, but I don't think that would improve the appearance
from our side.

So my ideas so far, have been to lay a small patio and put a raised bed
alonside the fence hiding the bottom concrete panels. I've also thought of
adding some trellis to the top of the fence, but I was looking at some reed
or willow screening today in a garden centre, which could be put up to hide
the whole fence and part of the conservatory.

What do you think? Does anyone have any better ideas?

Peter.