Old 05-12-2003, 06:02 PM
Gary Woods

Default [IBC] Serissa question

(Dimitrios Kalderis) wrote:

I think Serissas are like some people that do not like
surprises but can handle them well when they happen

Except for getting completely dry. In my limited experience, that's fatal.

But to follow up to my own post, what I was really asking, none too
clearly, was whether I should perhaps remove some branches that are at or
near ground level at this point. The cuttings are mostly very shrub-like,
which I guess is the "normal" habit for a Sereissa.

I've put a picture of a couple of them on my personsl page... for scale,
the tallest branch on the one on the right is about 8 inches (20cm).

They're potted in as much of the rather heavy garden soil, liberally
amended with stolen leaves, as came up in the trowel, and the pot filled
with soilless "pro-mix." Though the dirt looks quite dry, the pots still
felt heavy when I moved them to photograph; I did bottom water the tray
they're in just after this was taken.

Looks like winter is here for sure; gotta get cracking on the lamps; can't
expect much sun for a while....

Oh, yes:

www.albany.net/~gwoods/images/120503Serissas.jpg

"unlisted" to the extent that the image isn't on the index pages, but
reachable directly.