Old 05-12-2003, 07:08 PM
François Arsenault

Default Plants not doing nearly as well as they used to

"Dave Millman" wrote in message
"RedForeman ©®" wrote:

I bet your lights are falling off....

I bet you are right, Red. I could have written the original message: Great
growth during year 1, increasing frustration during year 2 despite

improving
skill and discipline, replaced the lamps and all was well again.

François, replace your lamps and keep up the CO2!

I'm definitely keeping up the CO2 injection, though I need to get a special
timer to turn the airstone on and off at appropriate moments, otherwise my
fish visibly become oxygen-starved. Doing it manually isn't very convenient.

As for the lamps, it's certainly good advice, but as I mentioned in another
post in this thread (just added it), I changed my tube about 3 months ago.
Unless it's defective, it should still be fine. At least I think so.
However, I do need to add a second lamp.

Thank you for the reply.

Francois