Old 05-12-2003, 10:02 PM
Jason Pope

Default Greenfly....and a solution

Colin Malsingh wrote:
I know this shouldn't be an issue at this time of year, but plants in
my conservatory are covered in greenfly:
- Some perennial chilli peppers
- A hibiscus
- Some aubergines from the greenhouse
that I'm trying to overwinter inside
- Some Culantro
(Caribbean version of coriander, but very different)

I had tried "gentle" sprays (since I want to eat some of the produce)
but they did no good and the plants were getting absolutely covered
with greenfly

Then I saw "Derris" at http://www.organiccatalog.co.uk. I have tried
one blast of this so far, and the bugs are dropping (like flies...).
However, even this product warns that it cant help if the aphids are a
resistant strain.

If you have a similar problem, you could do worse than try it.

Colin
-----
(Sorry - no direct email. Please reply via the newsgroup)

I always use a weak solution of washing up liquid, seems to do the trick!
Maybe the aphids on my plants are weaklings!

Jason

--
Check out my ebay auctions for Passifora caerulea and edulis seeds and
Morning Glory (Star of Yelta) seeds.