Old 06-12-2003, 03:42 AM
Henry Kuska

Default Roundup safe to use inside GH?

Can anyone comment on the information at the following link:

http://www.poptel.org.uk/panap/pest/pestdb.htm

--
Henry Kuska, retired

http://home.neo.rr.com/kuska/
"Dave Gower" wrote in message

"Henry Kuska" wrote in message
Dave, I think it may depend on where you live. It is my understanding

that
some countries have banned or restricted its use.

A few communities in Canada have outlawed the cosmetic use of herbicides.
That is mainly against the broadcasting of lawn weedkillers, but can

include
other chemicals and uses as well (not sure if Roundup is on the list). But
that was not what I was thinking of when I mentioned that Roundup is
"recommended" for use by non-professionals.

Personally I find Killex to be more irritating than Roundup. I use lawn
weedkillers as little as possible (I use a hand spray-bottle, and squirt
directly on the weeds), but will pull weeds by hand if practical, which
unfortunately it sometimes is not.