Old 06-12-2003, 02:42 PM
Franz Heymann

Default Bees

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message

"Sacha" wrote in message
.. .
Mary Fisher5/12/03 8:43

Did Brother Adam write about bee-keeping - pressed or un-pressed?

;-)

He wrote books about beekeeping. I never rated them as bee management
treatises althoug Beekeeping at Buckfast Abbey was interesting as part

of
the story of the Abbey. What's more he was a very difficult author for

his
publishers.

snip

I think that I have seldom read a nastier post about someone to whom an
entire hobby and industry owed so much. "Old, withered old stick,

accented
speech, hardly audible, set in his ways"

No, it wasn't a nasty post at all.
It was honest

I agree entirely. It was indeed a very well balanced expression of your
opinion of the status of Brother Adam.

and there aren't many
people aho are prepared to be honest. I originally typed some things which
had been said by other notable people in the bee world but that would have
been hearsay so I stuck to my own experiences. I don't believe that the
hobby and industry don't owe a lot to him except in publicity terms - and
those agents who sold 'Buckfast' queens.

Also, you snipped the good things I said about him!

Mary, you define the word 'ego'. Let me just say that I have heard many

bee
keepers speak with respect of Brother Adam. I've never heard one

mention
you. Why, I wonder, would that be.

Several reasons. Among them are that you don't move in the right circles
(except that there are two who you knew who knew me. I don't have the same
charisma as Bro Adam did - and still has. I don't need to make money for

my
abbey. There are more.

An excellent response to a totally uncalled for attack.

Franz