Old 06-12-2003, 06:46 PM
Christina Websell

Default Is the fox a pest ? the lie exposed

Tom Warner wrote in message

"Christina Websell" christina.websell@zoomdotcodotuk wrote in message

That's what foxes do. Kill your stock and that's why they need to be
controlled in some way. The only fox control for the moment is hunting.

If you have a fox at your livestock you sit up all night and shoot it.
My neighbour did just this and shot 3 in a week, all the hunt does is
distribute the foxes round the countryside.
If you don't want to do this yourself there are plenty of sports hunters

out
there who will do it for you for nothing.
Just enter "vermin" and "pest control" into a search engine.
Tom

I live trap and shoot the fox inside the trap. At least I did, until I
started to have a problem with my right eye a year or two ago. It's
surprising how finding stock slain during the daytime can make you angry
enough to do it. Now I bait the trap and if a fox is in it in the morning,
I ring up a private vermin controller whom I have used for a while, an old
countryman.

The trap is inside my hen run. If a fox is in my hen run, he is up to no
good. If he passes through my place on his way somewhere, then he won't go
near the trap and is in no danger at all from me. Since 1994 when I got
really cross about it, the tally is 40+
I'd much rather live and let live, but the foxes won't let me.
It's been quite successful, until I got complacent and didn't trap at all in
the winter of 2001/2. I shan't do that again, had a bad hit last November.

Tina