Old 06-12-2003, 09:02 PM
animaux

Default Ugli tomato

On Sat, 6 Dec 2003 16:49:51 -0000, "David Hill"
opined:

I think you are being unfair to the growers.
I know of NO commercial grower who saves his own seed, but there are many
commercial varieties not on sale to the "Amateur market". See
Tomatoes in this link
http://www.provegseeds.com/vegcat/mainvegcat2003.htm

You might find some Packer who has decided to put his own "Brand" on a
product.

Over here in the UK there is a move to describe small/under size apples as
"child size". In the past when apples were sold "Jumble packed" that is
loose in boxes you just picked out the size that suited your family best,

Every certified organic commercial farmer I know collects, ferments and saves their own
seeds. Particularly tomatoes. They are all heirloom, of course, and these are small
farms under 30 acres, but with tomatoes they do save their own seed.