Old 06-12-2003, 09:19 PM
Gareee©

Default Making a pond from a gully

"DelawareDave" wrote in message

Thanks for reply. I'm in Northeast USA, specifically a state called
Delaware (very small ). I appreciate your comments about disturbing
existing water flows. The flow is really not a creek in any way - it is a
tiny but steady surface flow literally about 2 inches wide (max) - then 20
feet down the gully there's no surface water to speak of - it is all
dissipated into the ground.

Back to the original post - is there a way I can "dam and liner" this

gully
some way into holding a pool of water 3-4 feet above the bottom of the

gully
(and 3-4 feet above the water surfacing) ?

Thanks !

Having JUST bought land and having a house, set, I can tell you the Corp of
Engineers doesn't care if it's a 2 inch wide stream, or a dry bed without
water for the last 20 years. If they have it marked on their surveys (it
probably won't be marked on your survey), then you CANNOT disturb the
possible flow, even if there's nothing there..

They might never discover the disturbance, or they might.. it's a gamble.

I almost could not use our land because of a completely dry small gully that
hadn't seen water (from what we can tell) in the last 15 years. I was warned
if we DID have our grader ignore the "advise" that the Corp has the full
rights, if you disturb possible waterflow, to fine you $80,000 AND seize and
raze ANY structures on said property.

Needless to say, I complied.

Dam at your own risk, but IMHO it's Ain't worth the risk!

Gareee©
Homepage:
http://www.fortunecity.com/tattooine.../mainframe.htm
Custom Figures, Wallpapers and more!