Old 07-12-2003, 12:11 AM
Jaques d'Alltrades

Default Is the fox a pest ? the lie exposed

The message
from (Steve Harris) contains these words:
In article ,
(Jaques d'Alltrades) wrote:

where presumably you accumulate your extensive
knowledge of hunting?

I acquired enough thank you the time the hunt trespassed through our
garden when I was a kid. The arrogant ****s may call their coats pink
but they ARE red. Their dogs (no I won't call them hounds) chased me and
our black labrador cross which suggest they're similarly colour blind.
The prats were too up themselves to apologise. Quite what they thought
they were doing crashing around a residential area at least half a mile
from open country I don't know but if it was educating the public about
the true nature of their "sport" they succeeded!

There's no excuse for such arrogance, but however hard it is to not to,
you shouldn't tar all hunts and hunting with the same brush.

Fortunately, most hunts have become aware that they don't have free rein
to behave in such a manner, and with the levelling of society most of
the people who can afford to ride to hounds (certainly in this neck of
the woods, anyway) are your plumbers, builders and other tradesmen.

BTW, I don't hunt, I don't follow the hunt and I have no connection with
hunting, and the only interest in it I can declare is that I don't like
having to shoot foxes.

--
Rusty Hinge

Dark thoughts about the Wumpus concerto played with piano,
iron bar and two sledge hammers. (Wumpus, 15/11/03)