Old 07-12-2003, 12:22 AM
Jaques d'Alltrades

Default Is the fox a pest ? the lie exposed

The message
from "Mary Fisher" contains these words:

Pink. Except for the Berkeley Hunt, they wear yellow.

And the Exmoor amongst others - don't they wear green?

Could be - but I didn't know about them. I bow to your greater experience -
and I'm not being snide :-)

Our local hunt wears green flashes on their lapels to indicate that they
were once a deer pack. Deer packs usually wear green.

Incidentally, may I dispell a common misconception?

Only the members of the hunt wear the red, green or yellow coats -
mainly the 'hunt servants', and this is so the rest of the riders can
see where they are.

--
Rusty Hinge http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/tqt.htm

Dark thoughts about the Wumpus concerto played with piano,
iron bar and two sledge hammers. (Wumpus, 15/11/03)