Old 07-12-2003, 02:12 AM
Ann

Default Ugli tomato

animaux expounded:

Oh, when you said farmers I thought you meant farmers. Greenhouse tomatoes are not really
tomatoes, are they? At least they don't taste like them. This being the case, I will
agree with you that, most hothouse tomatoes here in the States indeed are hybrids which
have very high yield with little to no taste...but weight.

Plastic tomatoes. Ugh. I look for (and pay for) the best tasting
tomatoes, usually the cluster tomatoes, at least they somewhat
resemble the real thing. The plastic tomatoes ship well, that's about
it!

--
Ann, Gardening in zone 6a
Just south of Boston, MA