Old 07-12-2003, 04:32 AM
Ilene

Default Having Problems with Fairy Shrimp Eating Water Lilies

Aloha!
My tropical water lily leaves are being attacked by what looks like
fairy shrimp. My plants are in various sized plastic tubs, some with
guppies and others with just mosquito dunk. Some of my tubs have
zillions of those cute amphipods? I caught them working in mass,
munching on new leaves at night and eventually taking out pretty big
chunks.

Is there any way to keep the fairy shrimp population down? Are there
any small fish that will eat them? Thanks very much for your help.

Stumped in Honolulu,
Ilene
email