Old 07-12-2003, 11:32 AM
Henriette Kress

Default Drying Parsley

Taylors in Japan wrote:

I have been growing italian parsley in a small window box planter and now
have a large bumper crop. Does anyone know of a good method of drying the
parsley and keeping it in as indefinitely as possible?

I'd use a dehydrator (... I do have 4 ov'em), but dried parsley isn't all
that good really.
It'll dry faster if you remove the larger stems. It's completely dry when
it doesn't bend but breaks; at that point, crush it up and put it into a
glass jar with a tight lid.

I have also thought about cleaning it, chopping it and freezing it.

Frozen parsley is definitely the better choice. No need to chop it, just
clean it; when it's frozen you just crush some in the bag, or scrape some
out of your jar with a spoon, and use that.

fup set to rge.

Henriette

--
Henriette Kress, AHG Helsinki, Finland