Old 07-12-2003, 10:27 PM
Sacha

Default Tree suggestions please

bnd7777/12/03 9:40

Thanks for all the ideas ......will now look them up for more info

Soil is definitely alkaline and spot the I need the tree for can get a
little wind blown at times

IME, Eucalyptus can keel over in the wind, even when beside a wall (I had
this in a previous, walled, garden) If there is a problem wind wind that
could affect the tree, you need to ask yourself how important it is to have
a tall tree. Is it to screen something else? Or is it to be an eye-drawing
feature to that part of your garden? If the former, the wind is always
going to be a problem, so you need to choose something sturdy and if the
latter, you can go for bushier but perhaps colourful, things.
--

Sacha
(remove the 'x' to email me)