Old 07-12-2003, 11:14 PM
Christina Websell

Default Is the fox a pest ? the lie exposed

Malcolm Ogilvie wrote in message

In article , Mary Fisher
writes

Since 1994 when I got
really cross about it, the tally is 40+

Oh Tina ...

:-(((((

Mary, just to put Tina's 40 in perspective, the best estimate of the
number of foxes, of all ages from cubs to adults, which die in the UK
*every* year is about 400,000, which means that, since 1994, some 3 to
3.5 million foxes have died from all causes, including hunting,
shooting, trapping, poisoning, starvation and old age.

--
Malcolm Ogilvie

I rather took Mary's post to be a sympathetic one. Like omigod you had to
kill 40+ foxes and you didn't really want to.. but only Mary can tell us
what she really meant.
And thank you, Malcolm, for seeming to come to my defence.
When foxes cause me a problem, I shall continue to deal with them in any way
I think fit. And if they don't I won't. I don't like to but if I have to, I
have to.

(don't forget road kill, every week on my way to work I see one or more
squashed foxes)

Tina