Old 08-12-2003, 03:12 PM

Default Transplanted Rhody is dying. HELP please!

what is your temperature? my rhodies are dropping cause it is cold outside.
however, I use "cloud cover" an antidessicant to help prevent water loss. last year I
forgot to use it and this spring one of mine was almost dead. the prettiest one of
course. but it is coming around.
rhodies are very shallow rooted. if it did well in the last year, then a light
pruning is all that is needed. continue to water until the ground is really frozen.
and mulch it cause dont want freeze thaw cycles hitting those roots. Ingrid

(Brendan OMara) wrote:

Transplanted 1 year ago by a non-Rhody person... it has
some green drooping leaves and a lot of yellow/brown leaves.
It lost some root mass durring the transplant.
I'm concerned that the current rootmass cant support
the dense 30 year old rhody that's roughly 5 feets tall,
doe that sound right?

Shall I prune it back so the roots have less to support?
If so, can someone please make some basic suggestions
on how to prune them please! I'm a rose guy, I don't
know these things and I want to save it, it was my parents.

Thanks in advance!
-Brendan

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/