Old 08-12-2003, 04:42 PM
K Barrett

Default Are Vandas That Difficult ?

I think what gives them the rep as being difficult is their higher light
requirements as well as that they are heavy feeders. Plus, if you can't get
them to adapt to pot culture, they are a pain to grow indoors because of
their high humidity requirements.

That said, there are several that do grow well in pots. Mostly Ascocendas.
We've mentioned Princess Mikasa. I think John deBiase is a good one too. Su
Fun Beauty.

K Barrett

"susan' scott" wrote in message
I've heard that vandas are more difficult to grow than Phals or Catts. Is
this true? I would love to try one. Does anyone have information to make
growing a Vanda succesful?