Old 08-12-2003, 05:12 PM

Default Self-Sufficiency Acreage Requirement?

"Pam - gardengal" wrote in message news:jUIAb.453413$Tr4.1256311@attbi_s03...
[snip]
I'm not sure acreage is necessary. I have a friend who grows all the fruit
and produce she needs to support her family on a small urban lot. And she
has enough left over to share with a local foodbank.

Zucchini to the left of me.
Zucchini to the right of me.

Really, it depends on what your definition of "self-sufficient" is.

Did you grow that computer terminal? Did you raise enough food to
barter for that computer terminal? What about that hoe? Or that
shovel? Or that nail? Or that chicken wire? Well, if you understand
the answers to those questions, you probably were never here
in the first place.
Socks