Old 08-12-2003, 06:12 PM
Iris Cohen

Default Those Blasted Junipers

you might ask your 40-year man if you can do with J.squamata what he advises
against doing with your 'Shimpaku'.

He aleady knows exactly what I was doing with the squamata. This is my bonsai
teacher, & he knows both trees personally.

After all the natural ranges for J. chinensis and J. squamata are more or
less comparable.

That's why I'm curious.

if the 'Shimpaku' is still a baby it should be less valuable and thus a
suitable project for experimentation?

Not likely. I paid $25 for it, it has been styled, and critiqued at a workshop.
I am not going to experiment on it. I have already killed too many trees that
way. :-(

blasting your Junipers is unlikely to be the answer!

I was hesitant to ask for divine intervention to send them to Hell for
eternity.

Iris,
Central NY, Zone 5a, Sunset Zone 40
train."