Old 08-12-2003, 08:42 PM
Franz Heymann

Default Is the fox a pest ? the lie exposed

"Malcolm Ogilvie" wrote in message

In article , Franz Heymann
writes

"LordSnooty" wrote in message
.. .
On 8 Dec 2003 13:48:23 GMT, (Nick Maclaren) wrote:

In article ,

(Jonathan) wrote:

| If the Labour party and the AR's were really interested in fox

welfare
| they would have made sure snaring was banned before they moved on

| foxhunting
|
| If the fox hunters were really interested in fox welfare
| they would have made sure snaring was banned if they believed it

cruel.
| After all, they know so much more about these things :-)

You have confused the fox hunters with the government. Once upon
a time, that would have been excusable; now it shows a level of
ignorance that is unusual even in the UK.

Most fox hunts strongly discourage the use of such things, and are
especially down on the very cruel leg-hold traps. It is the
anti-hunting brigade that are encouraging their use.

"The Puritan hated bear-baiting, not because it gave pain to
the bear, but because it gave pleasure to the spectators."

Thomas Macauley

Nothing has changed.

There are many reasons why it will be banned and it's persuance is
contemptible, any one will do to ban it, as long as it is banned.

So you are out as pro hunt, dont suppose you have sex with children
too, the pattern is usually the same.

I noticed today that the tits and chaffinches were very active in two of

my
shrub roses. Unfortunately the light was not good enough to make out for
certain what they were rooting for. Do they eat the seeds from the rose
hips?

Finches love them. Ours are attacked by Greenfinches almost before they
are ripe.

I thought I saw a greenfinch as well, but I was not certain enough to commit
myself. Tomorrow I will have a good look, armed with binoculars.

Franz

--
Malcolm Ogilvie