Old 08-12-2003, 09:41 PM
John M. Gamble

Default Are Vandas That Difficult ?

In article ,
susan' scott wrote:
I've heard that vandas are more difficult to grow than Phals or Catts. Is
this true? I would love to try one. Does anyone have information to make
growing a Vanda succesful?

It's the temperature requirements that defeated me. I grow my
orchids indoors in my home. After looking up the requirements,
i realized that there was no way that i could manage to get a
vanda plant to bloom again. They're beautiful, but i'd rather
spend my money on a plant that i'd have a greater chance of
success with.

Of course, if i ever get my own greenhouse, it's a different story.

--
-john

February 28 1997: Last day libraries could order catalogue cards
from the Library of Congress.