Old 08-12-2003, 10:12 PM
Roy

Default trees with no leaves = dead?

Well don;'t do what I did when I bought my first house in the country
out in the middle of nowhere when I was in Pennsylvania. I moved into
it in late November, and snow was already on the ground. It was
totally surounded by large needleless pines trees. The entire property
line had all these stark naked trees without a needle, and these trees
were planted 4 or 5 deep in rows. Any fool knows a pine tree does
not loose all of its needles. I got my backhoe and chain and spent 2
days pulling them all out, and heaping them in a corner of the
property. Big old pile of dead pines to put a match to some day. I was
getting low on fuel and had a couple more to go, but figured I would
get them at a later date. Spring time rolls around, , huh? whats this,
those dead pines are coming back to life that I did not remove. How
could this be. I like a fool ripped out larch trees! Yes, you can call
me a dumb_________ (fill in the blank to your own likeing)

On Mon, 8 Dec 2003 03:36:42 +0000 (UTC), Ablang
wrote:

=== I have 2 Tupelos I got this year from a shade tree program. 1 is
===bigger than the other. The smaller one had all of its leaves fall off a
===few weeks ago, while the other one (bigger) still has most of its leaves,
===although a bit less green.
===
=== Is the smaller one dead if it sheds all of its leaves?

I had no input whatsoever.
Remove "nospam" from email addy.