Old 08-12-2003, 10:34 PM
Rod

Default Incense Cedar (Libocedrus decurrens) gardenworthy

On Sun, 07 Dec 2003 20:59:00 +0000, Steve Harris wrote:

Anyone grow this? From seed? How fast do they grow?

Thanks!

I grew some from seed but then planted them in a badly chosen spot where
they didn't thrive - too much competition. So I didn't get my lovely group
of tall elegant pencils like the ones at Westonbirt. IIRC they germinated
easily and grew at a similar
rate to most Cedars & Chamaecyparis. Yes they're garden worthy if you've
got room for trees that big - I will need to come round and do you serious harm if
you plant them somewhere where you will be tempted to prune them.

Rod