Old 09-12-2003, 04:02 AM
paghat

Default Saffron Crocus Myths & Cultic Associations

It may not be quite a final draft but I've gone ahead & posted at my
website a preliminary version of a long essay on the Cretan, Greek, &
Indic mythology of the oldest continuously cultivated flower in the world,
the saffron crocus. It's divided into three pages which begin he
http://www.paghat.com/saffronmyth.html
illustrated with photos of the saffron crocuses in my gardens, & with
pictures of numerous "saffron mothers" such as was the usual title of
Dawn-goddesses.

-paghat the ratgirl

-from Peter Newell's "Wild Flowers"