Old 09-12-2003, 06:32 PM
Martin Brown

Default Electric greenhouse heaters

In message , martin
writes
On Tue, 09 Dec 2003 08:13:09 +0000, Derek Turner somewhat@odds
wrote:

On Mon, 8 Dec 2003 21:02:35 +0000, Troy wrote:

Any ideas? Suggestions for a more reliable heater? I really don't want to

Reading the other replies I guess I'm just lucky, but mine is working
perfectly in 'froststat' mode! At £19.99 it's cheaper to buy one each
year than run a parafin heater!

Excluding the cost of electricity?

No. Even with the cost of the electricity electric powered greenhouse
heating is a design win. Insulating the windows and good thermostatic
control are the key to cost savings.

Paraffin or gas burning requires ventilation so cold air gets in and the
fuel isn't particularly cheap in the UK.

Regards,
--
Martin Brown