Old 09-12-2003, 10:02 PM
Empty

Default Plants not doing nearly as well as they used to

"François Arsenault" wrote in
:

I'm definitely keeping up the CO2 injection, though I need to get a
special timer to turn the airstone on and off at appropriate moments,
otherwise my fish visibly become oxygen-starved. Doing it manually
isn't very convenient.

What I did is this:

I made a little CO2 reactor using an old gravelvac and an Aquaclear 201
powerhead. At the top of the reactor (Higher than the powerhead output!) I
rilled a little hole, just a pinprick really. Then I plugged the powerhead
into the timer the lights are on.

The CO2 supply is constant, but it only gets fully disspolved when the
lights are on. Otherwise, it bubbles out through the hole.

~Empty

--
'You're not friends. You'll never be friends. You'll be in love till it
kills you both. You'll fight, and you'll shag, and you'll hate each other