Old 09-12-2003, 10:04 PM
Mary Fisher

Default slugs

Aren't you going to tell us?

:-)

I only glanced through it!

On each left hand page was a description of some aspect of the slugs
behaviour, and on the RHS was how you could turn this to your advantage.
Some fairly naff, like slugs like young tender growth, so avoid planting
out young seedlings (I think we'd all worked that one our for
ourselves), but some people seem to have found 'sacrificial plants' work
well - one lady reckoned growing forget-me-not everywhere meant the
slugs went for that rather than everything else. Certainly a hosta that
seomone gave me is surviving relatively well planted down amongst some
hellebores whereas slug food plants up on the terrace are reduced to 1mm
of bare stem.

Perhaps everyone here knows about it but I was interested in the CT method
of laying comfrey leaves round a vegetable plot. Trouble is, I can't
remember anything else about the system except that it's time critical ...
the leaflet is somewhere and I could find it if no-one else comes up with
the instructions.

Mary

Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page: