Old 24-01-2003, 06:25 PM
nanook

Default Home humidifiers

Sue is right. You need an enclosed space to give the humidifier a
chance at jacking up the humidity.
OR, the pebble trays with water are a easy way to go .
OR, Lowes sells a drum type that fits into your blower unit for the
whole house. It hooks into your water line and the airflow of the
blower turns the drum.
OR, Go to your near by Salvation Army store or pawn shop and look
around I have bought many cold and warm working units for 8 to 10
bucks. Upstairs I have a 20'x15' glassed in porch and run a non vented
natural gas heater and set a pan of water on top of it to radiate into
the room. It uses very small amount from humidifier in there to reach
about 60%. Downstairs I have a PVC frame covered in greenhouse
plastic (12'x15') heated by electric heater and the heat from the
ballists and lamps (in summer the ballists sit outside the room and
fans vent the lamp heat outside) This room requires a humidifier
running 24/7. Still for 8 bucks and 1and a half gallons of water a day
It is able to stay at 75%.
There are a lot of ways, just depends on your budget, the amount of
room, the amount of plants, the temperture, and the space involved.
AIN'T GROWIN GRAND! JRT

On 23 Jan 2003 18:25:27 GMT, (Jbkkhawk) wrote:

Hello members,

Does anyone have any recommendations of humidifiers for the home orchid grower.
I currently run an evaporative type unit but am only able to achieve 30%
relative humidity. Any ideas? Thanks.

Karl