Old 10-12-2003, 12:42 PM
Tamra Eastman

Default Dendrobium formosa type

I bought a formosa type dendrobium last year. I've had marginal luck with
the nobile type so thought I'd give this one a try. It bloomed for months
and was just gorgeous. This summer it sent out new canes. These have
already growth to be twice the height of the original ones. I have two
questions. Just how tall is this plant likely to get? The canes are
developing a twenty degree bend near the top. I have them under florescents
but the new canes no longer fit under them and are positioned to the side of
the bulbs. Are they searching for better light? Should I stake them to get
them to grow straight, or does it matter? (oops that's three questions).

Tamra