Old 10-12-2003, 04:05 PM
Sidney

Default Coralife PowerCompact Flourescent fixture question - good for plants?

http://www.esuweb.com/cardfile.asp?I...ationshi p=36

Can this fixture be converted to 4 6700K lights? Do I need to add fans to
the Actinic side of the light? Should I run a pair of 10,000 lights and a
pair of 6700K lights? How do I use/convert this 4 x 65W light to something
better for plants? Do I just need new lamps?

My multiple calls to ESU customer service have resulted in nothing but a
bigger phone bill. They have done nothing but waste my time so, I may just
move on to something else. I really like the form factor of the light and
the wattage though, so I would like to figure out how to make this work.
The greater efficiency and lower heat generation are an advantage I would
like to keep with my 4 foot long 55 gallon tank.

THANKS!